[ESIP-all] A silly question that I hope some of you can answer!

Lynnes, Christopher S. (GSFC-5860) christopher.s.lynnes at nasa.gov
Tue Nov 20 09:22:22 EST 2018

Don't know if these will help your use case, but:
1 - KML has a camera angle element.
2 - Also, OGC has a 3D Portrayal Service that includes an image coordinate system: http://docs.opengeospatial.org/is/15-001r4/15-001r4.html#sec-servicemodel-imagecs

On Nov 19, 2018, at 21:15, Ruth Duerr via ESIP-all <esip-all at lists.esipfed.org<mailto:esip-all at lists.esipfed.org>> wrote:

Hi all,

Are there any metadata standards for where a camera image is pointing?  X degrees off North, tilted by so much, looking at something Y far away.  EXIF has some of this; but EXIF metadata is generally lost when tools are used to look at the image.  Any ideas?  I was thinking the drone cluster might know of something, or maybe documentation or… or… or…

Ruth

—
Christopher Lynnes   NASA/GSFC    301-614-5185
“Making the simple complicated is commonplace; making the complicated simple, awesomely simple, that’s creativity.” - C. Mingus