[ESIP-all] Apply by Mar. 29 for Science Gateways Bootcamp (May 13-17)

Nayiri Mullinix nayiri at umich.edu
Wed Mar 20 11:25:42 EDT 2019

Were you at the ESIP Bootcamp and excited to share the opportunity with
colleagues you know could benefit? Or, did you miss the ESIP Bootcamp and
feeling like you missed out? Either way, we've got you covered!

The next full session of *Science Gateways Bootcamp will be May 13-17, 2019*,
in Indianapolis, IN., and we've just extended the application deadline to
March 29!

*Science Gateways Bootcamp* will help you learn how to develop, operate,
and sustain a gateway (also known as portals, virtual research
environments, hubs, etc.).

*Why apply? You’ll...*

   - Leave behind day-to-day tasks to tackle big questions that will help
   your team *articulate the value of your work* to key stakeholders.
   - Create a strong *development, operations, and sustainability plan*.
   - Walk away with *proven and effective strategies* in everything from
   business and finance to cybersecurity and usability.
   - *Network and establish relationships* with others doing similar work.
   - Do it all at *minimal cost* (currently, participants only pay for
   travel, lodging, and a few meals).

*Looking for more reasons to apply?* Read blog posts featuring more
testimonials (on our FAQ page
<https://sciencegateways.org/engage/bootcamp/apply>).

*Apply by March 29*! http://sciencegateways.org/bootcamp

*“The Bootcamp experience was extremely valuable to me. I have always
focused on the science and technical aspects of my gateway. The Bootcamp
taught me that to reach financial sustainability I need to think of the
gateway operations as a business, which was very foreign to me. Learning
about value propositions, budgeting, and marketing were all new areas, but
I see now that they are as important to the success of my gateway as a
well-designed back end is.”*Mark Perri
Associate Professor of Chemistry
Sonoma State University

This opportunity is offered by the Science Gateways Community Institute.
Learn more about SGCI at https://sciencegateways.org. Questions? Please
email help at sciencegateways.org.

--
Nayiri Mullinix
Community Engagement and Exchange Coordinator

<http://sciencegateways.org/>

Follow SGCI on Twitter <https://twitter.com/sciencegateways>

School of Information
105 S. State Street