[ESIP-all] Farewell from ESIP to Lynn Yarmey, Director of Community Development for RDA/US and Secretariat Lead for Group Management

Erin Robinson erinrobinson at esipfed.org
Mon Aug 5 10:31:46 EDT 2019

Hi All - I wanted to pass along RDA's news that Lynn Yarmey, Director of
Community Development for RDA/US and Secretariat Lead for Group Management,
will be moving on from RDA later this month. The full email is shared by
Hilary Hanahoe, Secretary-General RDA below. We don't normally share news
like this with the entire community list, but Lynn has devoted much of her
career to the Earth science data community at Scripps and then NSIDC before
moving to RDA and is now moving to a position with the City of Boulder, so
it felt appropriate to acknowledge her contributions.

Lynn has a unique combination of depth of data stewardship experience and
expertise combined with diplomacy and community management skill. I worked
closely with Lynn over the last two years, as she stayed connected to the
Earth science community. First, Lynn helped me navigate the ESIP/RDA
relationship which led to the Earth, Space and Environmental Science
Interest Group within RDA, that serves as a conduit between RDA/ESIP. In
addition, Lynn was an often behind the scenes leader in her community
development role in the Enabling FAIR project
<https://copdess.org/enabling-fair-data-project/>. In this project she
navigated complex agendas in support of the broader goals of connecting
repositories and publishers. None of this work is done alone, but Lynn's
energy and dedication enabled all of us to move the needle toward making
data matter and I am grateful.

Since we are virtual communities, the farewell card is virtual. I would
encourage you to sign her Kudoboard here
<https://rd-alliance.org/track/click/9b6959cecd3352/7155cbe5c0241>(Note
that email address is not required) or send Lynn a note directly (cc'd).  To
respect this list, please do not reply to ESIP-ALL.

Best,
Erin

[image: photo]
*Erin Robinson*