[ESIP-all] AGU Data Position statement

Denise Hills dhills at gsa.state.al.us
Thu Oct 3 15:09:40 EDT 2019

I wanted to let everyone know (or remind them) that AGU has released two position statements that are open for comment through 13 Oct 2019. While I’m sure that many of you will be interested in commenting on the climate position statement, of particular interest to the ESSI community is the proposed updated position statement on data.

The link to both statements is here: https://www.agu.org/Share-and-Advocate/Share/policymakers/position-statements-member-review.  The comment period runs from 13 September to 13 October.

Some more information is available at this Eos<https://eos.org/agu-news/agu-position-statements-now-open-for-member-comment> piece and on the Leadership blog From the Prow<https://fromtheprow.agu.org/agu-position-statements-now-open-for-member-comment/>. An additional useful resource might be this link on AGU’s role in advocacy on public issues<https://sciencepolicy.agu.org/agu-position-statements/policy-on-agus-role-in-advocacy-on-public-issues/>. This is a position statement, which in turn drives AGU policy decisions and implementation.

Your comments will only improve this statement, so please take the time to review and comment.

Please let me know if you have any questions – if I don’t know the answer I can help find someone who does!

Denise Hills
Director, Energy Investigations
Geological Survey of Alabama
+1-205-247-3694 (office)