[ESIP-all] One Week Left to Propose a Session for the 2020 ESIP Winter Meeting

Megan Carter megancarter at esipfed.org
Fri Oct 11 09:27:34 EDT 2019

*2020 ESIP Winter Meeting: Call for Sessions OPEN NOW through 10/18!*The
session proposal portal for the 2020 Earth Science Information Partners
(ESIP) Winter Meeting <https://2020esipwintermeeting.sched.com/> (Jan. 7-9,
2020 in Bethesda, MD) is open now through 10/18 (one week from today). For
over 20 years, ESIP meetings have brought together the most innovative
thinkers and leaders around Earth observation data, thus forming a
community dedicated to making Earth observations more discoverable,
accessible and useful to researchers, practitioners, policy makers, and the
public. See, for example, the topics and speakers from the 2019 ESIP Summer
Meeting <https://2019esipsummermeeting.sched.com/>, where we had our
largest crowd yet.

For this meeting, *we especially welcome session proposals related to our
2020 theme: Putting Data to Work: Building Public-Private Partnerships to
Increase Resilience & Enhance the Socioeconomic Value of Data*. Sessions
are generally 1.5 hour blocks and can follow a number of different
formats. *Learn
more and submit a proposal by 10/18 here
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Ylgzd7BiohbHV82wQBEclT7zi5abx_k7rthLdc1yge8/edit?usp=sharing>.*

Questions? Send them to staff at esipfed.org.