[ESIP-all] EGU 2020 abstract submission deadline 15 Jan 2020

Nancy Ritchey - NOAA Federal nancy.ritchey at noaa.gov
Thu Jan 9 13:16:20 EST 2020

Dear colleagues,

On behalf of my session co-conveners I invite you to submit an abstract
to our EGU 2020 session. The meeting will take place in Vienna, Austria,
3-8 May, 2020.

*ESSI2.10 Data Integration: Enabling the Acceleration of Science Through
Connectivity, Collaboration, and Convergent Science
<https://meetingorganizer.copernicus.org/EGU2020/session/36042>*

Earth, space, and environmental scientists are pushing the boundaries of
human understanding of our complex world. They seek and use larger and more
varied data in their research with a growing need for data integration and
synthesis across and among scientific domains. Tools, services, and data
skills are critical resources to the research ecosystem in order to enable
the harmonization and integration of data with different temporal and
spatial ranges. This session explores the challenges, successes, and best
practices the data community has for using data from multiple sources and
scientific domains with unfamiliar formats, vocabularies, quality, and
uncertainty, or in providing support and services for accessing these data.
We seek submissions from the community of data producers, enablers,
researchers, and users on methods for identifying and communicating best
practices, challenges in this diverse data environment, and for building
critical data skills related to data integration and data management.

Co-sponsored by AGU
Convener: Shelley Stall | Co-conveners: Nancy Ritchey, Philip Kershaw

Detailed information on how to submit an abstract can be found at:
https://egu2020.eu/abstracts_and_programme/how_to_submit_an_abstract.html

The deadline for the receipt of abstracts is 15 Jan 2020, 1300 CET.

Further information about the EGU General Assembly 2020 can be found at:
https://www.egu2020.eu/

You can stay up-to-date with General Assembly information by subscribing to
the EGU blog (http://geolog.egu.eu/) and following the EGU on Twitter (
https://twitter.com/EuroGeosciences, #EGU20) and Facebook (
https://www.facebook.com/EuropeanGeosciencesUnion).

Looking forward to seeing you at EGU 2020.

Regards

Nancy
---
Nancy Ritchey
Archive Branch Chief
ORCID: 0000-0003-3939-6287
NOAA's National Centers for Environmental Information (NCEI)
Asheville, NC 28801
828-271-4445
*Connect with us on Facebook for **climate*
<http://www.facebook.com/NOAANCEIclimate>* and **ocean and geophysics*
<http://www.facebook.com/NOAANCEIoceangeo>* information, and follow us on
Twitter at **@NOAANCEIclimate * <http://www.twitter.com/NOAANCEIclimate>
*and **@*NOAANCEIocngeo <http://www.twitter.com/NOAANCEIocngeo>.