[ESIP-all] Accepting Google Summer of Code Ideas!

Annie Burgess annieburgess at esipfed.org
Wed Feb 5 12:18:24 EST 2020

ESIP is applying to participate as a third-year mentoring organization
for Google
Summer of Code <https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/>.  As an umbrella
organization (e.g. an organization of organizations), ESIP gets to provide
the amazing opportunity for our members to participate in Google Summer of
Code through their home institution!

Therefore, we are now soliciting project ideas from YOU, the ESIP community.

To get an idea of the types of projects students can work on, check out
last year's funded projects that were  mentored by ESIP members from the
USGS, Anaconda, and Axiom Data Science:

•    OrcaCNN: Detecting and Classifying Killer Whales from Acoustic Data
<https://github.com/axiom-data-science/OrcaCNN-data>

•    A Next Generation GUI for Visualizing Big Gridded Data in Python
<https://github.com/hdsingh/intake-gsoc-gui/blob/master/Report%20for%20GSOC%202019.md>

To submit an idea, or learn more, visit our GSOC GitHub page
<https://github.com/ESIPFed/gsoc> OR email lab at esipfed.org with any
questions.

_

Annie Burgess, PhD

Lab Director | Earth Science Information Partners (ESIP)

*esipfed.org/lab <http://esipfed.org/lab>* | 585.738.7549