[ESIP-all] *TODAY* Putting Data to Work: Usability Techniques (6/24 at 2 pm ET)

Megan Carter megancarter at esipfed.org
Wed Jun 24 09:33:02 EDT 2020

The Earth Science Information Partners (ESIP <http://esipfed.org/>) present
the 2020 webinar series:

Putting Data to Work

*How Usability Techniques Can Support Your Scientific Communities (*TODAY*
Wed. 6/24 at 2 pm ET/11 am PT)*At the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS), it is
critical that our scientific research and products are provided in a useful
way to our communities. The USGS Community for Data Integration (CDI)
Usability Collaboration Area focuses on bringing the USGS community
together to 1) discuss usability challenges when serving scientific data,
and 2) identify strategies that can help improve data’s usability from an
end-user perspective. As the current lead for the USGS CDI Usability
Collaboration Area, Sophie will provide an overview of how the Usability
Collaboration Area is providing usability resources to the USGS community.
Sophie will also discuss a few use cases for how she is applying the
usability resources to USGS projects. Finally, as a former co-chair of
ESIP’s Usability Cluster, Sophie will share her lessons learned for how to
collaborate with our communities to optimize the usability of our
scientific data.

*About the Presenter:*Sophie Hou is a Data & Usability Analyst at Apogee
Engineering – Contractor to the USGS. She is also the lead for the USGS
Community for Data Integration (CDI) Usability Collaboration Area and
former co-chair of ESIP's Usability Cluster.

*Join:* See connection details here
<https://www.esipfed.org/get-involved/telecon-calendar>.

Learn more about ESIP's 2020 webinar series here
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1glfznxyUu1l-TDtiC78ZzzBmKK0wXOPfIrJoUoAyJb8/edit?usp=sharing>
.