[ESIP-all] Kick-off ESIP Public-Private Partnerships Cluster Meeting

Karl Benedict kbene at unm.edu
Mon Jul 27 10:30:48 EDT 2020

Dear ESIP Community,

We would like to invite you to our first Public-Private Partnership Cluster meeting.  We hope you enjoyed our ESIP Public-Private Partnership session last week.  The invited speakers provided a great foundation for our cluster goals (see charter below) and we hope to continue this work during our first meeting (see “How to Join Meeting” below).  Please contact us with any questions.

Wednesday, July 29 / 8:00 am Denver, CO, USA MT (UTC -6)

ESIP Public Private Partnership cluster charter
Maximizing the societal benefits of Earth science data increasingly requires the development of effective partnerships across the value chain between Earth observation creators, researchers, application developers, and end users. As the participants in these different activities frequently work within different organizational contexts (e.g. public sector agencies, research institutions, private sector companies) explicit consideration of the benefits and challenges of developing efficient partnerships between these organizational contexts can contribute to the effort to maximize the impact of Earth observation data and information.

This collaboration area will focus on two high-level activities:

1. Sharing experiences around the development and maintenance of effective public-private partnerships in an effort to develop a set of leading practices and reference materials that support the development of new partnerships. This will include:
    a. Developing a repository of partnership case studies that illustrate strategies and practices for the development and maintenance of effective partnerships
    b. Based on the collection of case studies, build an inventory of leading practices and tools related to partnerships
    c. Identifying particular areas where partnerships might have the greatest impact on increasing the societal impact of Earth observation data
2. Working with other ESIP collaboration areas to facilitate the development of new partnerships that are in support of the subject area interests of those collaboration areas.

How to Join Meeting:
global.gotomeeting.com/join/969748677

You can also dial in using your phone.
United States: +1 (571) 317-3117

Access Code: 969-748-677

More phone numbers
Australia: +61 2 9091 7603
Austria: +43 7 2081 5337
Belgium: +32 28 93 7002
Brazil: +55 11 4118-4898
Canada: +1 (647) 497-9373
Denmark: +45 32 72 03 69
Finland: +358 942 72 0972
France: +33 170 950 590
Germany: +49 892 0194 301
Ireland: +353 15 360 756
Italy: +39 0 230 57 81 80
Mexico: +52 55 4624 4518
Netherlands: +31 202 251 001
New Zealand: +64 9 282 9510
Norway: +47 21 93 37 37
Spain: +34 932 75 1230
Sweden: +46 853 527 818
Switzerland: +41 225 4599 60
United Kingdom: +44 330 221 0097

New to GoToMeeting? Get the app now and be ready when your first meeting starts: global.gotomeeting.com/install/969748677

Thanks,
Karl

Karl Benedict
Director of Research Data Services/ Director of IT
College of University Libraries and Learning Sciences
University of New Mexico

Office: Centennial Science and Engineering Library, Room L173

Make an Appointment: https://outlook.office365.com/owa/calendar/KarlBenedict@unmm.onmicrosoft.com/bookings/