[ESIP-all] ESIP Machine Learning Cluster Call for community contributors for two new efforts

Yuhan Douglas Rao yuhan.rao at gmail.com
Wed Sep 16 08:00:00 EDT 2020

Dear ESIP community,

On behalf of the ESIP Machine Learning cluster, I want to invite community
members who are interested in contributing to two new ML cluster efforts
listed here.

   - *ESIP **Earth-Artificial-Intelligence GitHub* *Awesome* *List
   repository*: this is a proposed community-curated ML/AI resources for
   Earth science community that everyone can make contributions. All are
   invited to contribute and spread the word.
   - *ESIP-led review **on applied AI for Earth science: *this will a
   community-led effort to gather the most recent development of applied AI
   for earth science applications to provide overall information for
   interested earth science community users of AI/ML.

With these two planned activities, we are seeking active contributors to
the cluster. The contribution doesn't mean you have to commit a significant
amount of your personal time to endure the whole project. You can
contribute to any parts that you think fit into your personal interest and
schedule. All contributions will be properly acknowledged in the outcome.

If you are interested in any of the effort, please join our cluster monthly
call this Friday (09/18) 12 pm ET/9 am PT. You can join the cluster email
list using this link
<https://lists.esipfed.org/mailman/listinfo/esip-machinelearning>.

The monthly call will be held on GoToMeeting using the information below,

Monthly meeting information:

When: Every third Friday of each month (unless further announced via the
machine learning cluster email list-serve).

How-to: Everyone can attend the virtual meeting through GoToMeeting or call
in via phone.

- Link to join the GoToMeeting via computer, tablet, or smartphone:
https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/422305101.

- Number to dial using phone: US: +1 (571) 317-3122 (access code:
422-305-101)

Thanks and hope to see many of you this Friday!

Best regards,
Yuhan (Douglas) Rao
ESIP Machine Learning Cluster Community Fellow
North Carolina Insitute for Climate Studies
North Carolina State University

[image: NCICS] <http://ncics.org/> Yuhan (Douglas) Rao
*Postdoctoral Research Scholar*
North Carolina Institute for Climate Studies (NCICS) <https://ncics.org/>