[ESIP-all] Scientific software developer positions at UCAR Unidata

Ethan Davis edavis at ucar.edu
Tue Sep 29 12:12:46 EDT 2020

Hi all,

Unidata <https://www.unidata.ucar.edu/about/tour/index.html> is looking for
a scientific software developer to help us help our community of scientists
access the Earth system science data that fuels their research. You'll have
a chance to work with a great team at the Unidata Program Center and an
enthusiastic open source community to test, maintain, and develop Unidata
software projects. This position will focus on our open source efforts
related to the Unidata's Local Data Manager
<https://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/ldm/> (LDM) software package and
community use of the LDM via the Internet Data Distribution
<https://www.unidata.ucar.edu/projects/index.html#idd> (IDD) system

Interested? Know someone who might be? For a detailed job description see
the official posting
<https://ucar.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/UCAR_Careers/job/Foothills-Lab-4/Software-Engineer-III_REQ-2020-189-1>
.

Note: UCAR's career site lists a final date for the posting but adds "or
until a sufficient number of applications have been received." If the
official posting is still visible at the above link, please consider
sending your application!

Also, though the job description lists minimum qualifications, we want to
remind applicants that you do not need to have all the desired skills and
experience to be considered for this role. If you have the passion for the
work along with experience in a related field, you are encouraged to apply.
We can provide on-the-job training for the rest.

Cheers,

Ethan