[ESIP-all] Announcing ESIP Data Readiness Cluster & Cluster Kick-off Call (04/12 12 pm ET)

Yuhan Douglas Rao yuhan.rao at gmail.com
Wed Apr 7 21:23:05 EDT 2021

Dear all,

As AI is becoming popular and powerful in the Earth and space science
informatics field, the lack of "AI-ready data" has often been recognized as
a key bottleneck that limits exploring/applying AI in Earth and space
sciences at scale. During the 2021 ESIP Winter Meeting, we convened a
session
<https://2021esipwintermeeting.sched.com/event/g4AU/accelerating-artificial-intelligence-applications-at-scale-with-ai-ready-data>
explore the topic of AI-ready data and how the community can work together
to address this issue.

As a direct result of the session, we initiated a new cluster, Data
Readiness Cluster <https://wiki.esipfed.org/Data_Readiness>, as a
community-driven group to help define "AI-ready" data and share recommended
practices to assess and improve AI-readiness of open Earth and space data.
If you are interested in joining the group or keeping informed about the
development, please join the cluster mailing list
<https://lists.esipfed.org/mailman/listinfo/esip-datareadiness>. We want to
work closely with various clusters within ESIP and the broad Earth and
space science informatics community to discuss advancements, define
standards, and develop tools related to AI-ready open Earth and space data.

The Cluster will host its kick-off meeting on *Monday (04/12) at 12 pm
Eastern time *to refine the Cluster's goal, identify key stakeholders to
engage with, and discuss plans for the ESIP Summer Meeting Session. We
invite you to join us to learn more and provide your input for the Cluster.
You can join the meeting using this Zoom link
<https://www.google.com/url?q=https://us02web.zoom.us/j/89570417449?pwd%3DVE8vYzZ1SGRRRVc2aXE1c3dQM3JKZz09&sa=D&source=calendar&usd=2&usg=AOvVaw3low1xl_LpJoWUNRVXZxno>
or
find more details in the ESIP Community Calendar
<https://www.esipfed.org/get-involved/telecon-calendar>.

We appreciate your help in sharing this announcement with others who might
be interested in joining us. We are looking forward to working with you all
on this exciting journey!

Yuhan (Douglas) Rao, Tyler Christensen, Rob Redmon

Data Readiness Cluster Co-Chairs

[image: NCICS] <http://ncics.org/> Yuhan (Douglas) Rao
*Postdoctoral Research Scholar*
Pronoun: he/him/his