[ESIP-all] Request for 'tree canopy' data and/or analysis products for the Disasters cluster Summer Meeting

Karen Moe karen.moe at earthlink.net
Fri May 28 11:20:45 EDT 2021

The Disasters Lifecycle Cluster is seeking candidate data, processes, analytics and/or machine learning to support our ESIP Summer Meeting session that will focus on delivering trusted data to decision makers. We will follow our 'ecosystem of innovation' approach to enable ESIP data providers and number crunchers to engage an expanding user base through real-time trusted data access and collaboration, adding Operational Readiness Level (ORL) ranking to the data to serve decision makers through improved data quality, processing, trust and use.

We are currently exploring a recent use case from the All-Hazards Consortium. There is a great need for utilities to better understand 'tree canopy' status throughout their service territories to improve storm damage estimates and response. We are looking to tackle the current capabilities in AI and ML to see whether it can be applied to remote sensing and other imaging sources pre and post-storm. Do you have data and/or analysis products to help fill this information gap? We would love to engage you in our session.

Dave Jones and Karen Moe
Disasters Lifecycle Cluster Co-Chairs