[ESIP-all] First baseline of the FAIR-DQI guidelines document & upcoming sessions

Ge Peng gp0043 at uah.edu
Fri Oct 15 08:27:24 EDT 2021

My apologies for cross-posting - you may get more than one copy of this
email.

Big “Thank You” to all who have provided valuable comments, questions and
suggestions – the feedback is important in improving the quality, including
the comprehensiveness, of the guidelines and we really appreciate your time
and effort!

We have gone through all the review comments and suggestions, and addressed
them within the scope of the document.

On behalf of the international FAIR-DQI community guidelines working group,
I am happy to announce that the international FAIR-DQI community guidelines
document has been baselined! The first baselined version can be accessed
at: here <https://osf.io/xsu4p/>. Review comments and responses are
captured in Appendix I.

As we continue to improve its overall quality based on the community
feedback, we will also be engaging with a wider community to bring
disciplinary diversity to the guidelines document. To that end, I would
like to mention two upcoming virtual sessions and welcome your
participation:

   -

   SciDataCon2021 session: The State of Documenting and Reporting Data and
   Information Quality for Supporting Open Science
   <https://www.scidatacon.org/virtual-2021/sessions/285/> (Oct. 19, 2021
   at 13:00 - 14:30 UTC; the registration is free but you need to register
   for each individual session - the registration link is provided at the
   session website provided above.)
   -

   RDA-18 Plenary session: Representing and Communicating Data Quality
   Information
   <https://www.rd-alliance.org/representing-and-communicating-data-quality-information>
   (Nov 3, 2021 14:00 - 15:30 UTC. The early registration fees for the plenary
   are £100 before Oct 25, 2021. You can register at: here
   <https://www.rd-alliance.org/plenaries/rda-18th-plenary-meeting-virtual>
   .)

Again, we appreciate the interest from the community, which has kept us
moving forward - however slow at the times.

Best regards,

--- Peng

--

Ge Peng, PhD

Sr. Principal Research Scientist

Earth System Science Center/NASA MSFC IMPACT

The University of Alabama in Huntsville

Ge.Peng at uah.edu

ORCID: http://orcid.org/0000-0002-1986-9115