[ESIP-all] [Reminder] Survey on AI-Ready Open Environmental Data

Yuhan Douglas Rao yuhan.rao at gmail.com
Tue Dec 21 17:23:07 EST 2021

Dear colleagues,

This is a reminder for the anonymous community survey on defining AI-ready
open environmental data coordinated through ESIP Data Readiness Cluster.
<https://wiki.esipfed.org/Data_Readiness>

The purpose of the survey is to gather community feedback on
the requirement for open environmental data to enable AI/ML application
development for Earth and space science applications. The result of the
survey will be used to draft a community-recommended standard for AI-ready
data and to improve the open environmental data for AI/ML development and
broad applications.

You can access the survey at https://bit.ly/ai-ready-data. Please feel free
to forward this survey to anyone/networks you think might be interested in
completing it. We want to make sure this survey collects broad community
feedback including both *public, academic, and private industries'
perspectives*. We will start to analyze the results after New Year but your
input is always welcomed.

Meanwhile, we invite you to join our upcoming session on AI-ready data
during ESIP January Meeting
<https://2022esipjanuarymeeting.sched.com/event/qko4/ai-ready-data-draft-standard-and-use-cases>
and
provide your input. If you have any questions regarding the survey or the
session, please contact me (douglas.rao at noaa.gov) and Tyler Christensen (
tyler.christensen at noaa.gov).

Have a wonderful holiday season!
Best,