[ESIP-all] seeking additional speakers for iCAS Symposium in Italy

Jeff de La Beaujardiere jeffdlb at ucar.edu
Mon May 30 20:32:44 EDT 2022

Dear Colleague,

NCAR is currently planning the 2022 symposium on International Computing in
the Atmospheric Sciences (iCAS 2022 <https://www2.cisl.ucar.edu/icas-2022>),
to be held September 11-15 at the Grand Hotel Bristol in Stresa, Italy, on
the shores of beautiful Lago Maggiore. We have several open slots for
speakers, and we invite you to express your interest in attending and
presenting in person by filling out this brief form with your name,
institution, and a likely title:

https://forms.gle/yqSMQJw3ToKzve1r5

Topic areas for this year's iCAS include the following:

   -

   How peer centers are dealing with key challenges to operations and
   planning — endemic COVID, supply chain interruptions, increasing data
   volumes, and so on.
   -

   How sites are preparing today for tomorrow’s computational challenges in
   Earth systems science.
   -

   Data science and data-proximate computing, include use of HPC, public
   cloud, or hybrid cloud approaches.
   -

   Developing strategic partnerships and international collaborations to
   tackle global challenges.
   -

   Mitigating the environmental impacts of the large-scale computing
   resources used to investigate climate change and severe weather.
   -

   Co-design practices for planning and management of services to meet
   emerging research requirements.
   -

   Pursuing Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion in our workforce and the user
   community.

We look forward to welcoming back attendees from previous iCAS symposia as
well as new speakers, and hope that you will consider presenting and
attending.

Cordially,

Thomas Hauser

David Hart

Jeff de La Beaujardière

- National Center for Atmospheric Research (NCAR)