[ESIP-all] EGU 2023: ESSI session on FAIR Models - call for abstracts

Martina Stockhause stockhause at dkrz.de
Fri Dec 2 05:55:05 EST 2022

Dear AGU ESSI and ESIP colleagues,

I want to make you aware of our session on FAIR Models at EGU 2023
(23-28 April 2023, Vienna, Austria and online). We welcome contributions
from all disciplines. Please consider to submit an abstract.

The submission deadline is 10 January 2023.

Please also have a look at the other ESSI sessions, which cover a wide
range of interesting topics:
https://meetingorganizer.copernicus.org/egu23/sessionprogramme/ESSI

Best wishes,
Martina
--

ESSI3.2 - https://meetingorganizer.copernicus.org/EGU23/session/45411
Current and Future trends in Generating, Curating and Publishing FAIR
| Co-conveners: Martina
Stockhause<https://meetingorganizer.copernicus.org/EGU23/session/45411#>,
Nigel
ReesECS<https://meetingorganizer.copernicus.org/EGU23/session/45411#>,
Sara
MorónECS<https://meetingorganizer.copernicus.org/EGU23/session/45411#>,
Klaus
Zimmermann<https://meetingorganizer.copernicus.org/EGU23/session/45411#>

As models of Earth System Science continue to increase in complexity and
prominence it is paramount that their development, curation and
publication aligns with the FAIR (Findable, Accessible, Interoperable
and Reusable) principles. This session aims to stimulate the development
of a community practice where models and their applications provide
sufficient information for reproducibility or at least traceability of
their outputs. Models incorporating 4D dynamics or kinematics,
uncertainties and bias, deterministic or probabilistic, Artificial
Intelligence and Machine Learning are integrated with visualisations,
documentation, evaluations, benchmarking, citations and provenance, and
relying on multiple software platforms for version control,
containerisation, notebooks, compilation and execution would all,
ideally be findable, accessible, interoperable and reusable.

This session invites contributions that discuss and showcase current and
future strategies, collaborations and infrastructure that support the
development, curation and publication of FAIR Models creating FAIR and
reproducible/traceable outputs. We are open to submissions from all
domains of Earth and Environmental Science including climate, surface
processes, hydrology, geology, geophysics and coupled simulations.

Dr. Martina Stockhause
IPCC Data Distribution Centre (DDC)
Abteilung Datenmanagement

Deutsches Klimarechenzentrum GmbH (DKRZ)
Bundesstr. 45a * D-20146 Hamburg * Germany

Email:stockhause at dkrz.de
ORCID:http://orcid.org/0000-0001-6636-4972
URL:www.dkrz.de

Geschäftsführer: Prof. Dr. Thomas Ludwig
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Hamburg
Amtsgericht Hamburg, HRB 39784