[ESIP-all] **TOMORROW** ESIP Wildfires Cluster Meeting - ft. Everett Hinkley (US Forest Service)

Yuhan Douglas Rao douglas_rao at ncsu.edu
Tue Jun 13 16:23:51 EDT 2023

Dear all,

You are invited to join ESIP Wildfires cluster monthly meeting on *Wednesday
(06/14) at 16:00 EDT/UTC-4. *The guest speaker of this month is *Everett
Hinkley (US Forest Service, National Remote Sensing Program Manager)* with
the presentation titled *"**Wildfires, Remote Sensing and Machine Learning:
Getting ahead of the Fire**".* His presentation will highlight cross-agency
efforts on remote sensing for fire applications via Tactical Fire Remote
Sensing Advisory Committee (TFRSAC).

We will also have a discussion about our ESIP July Meeting session. Please
join the cluster meeting using this Zoom link
<https://esipfed-org.zoom.us/j/6994911054?pwd=U1ZXOTJVcVBFSDIwWVA5bHJnNmRSQT09>
or
via ESIP Community Calendar
<https://www.esipfed.org/get-involved/community-calendar>.

Have a wonderful weekend!
-Douglas & Dave

*Speaker bio*: As the National Remote Sensing Program Manager for the FS,
Everett provides remote sensing policy, oversight, and direction to primary
agency stakeholders including the Geospatial Technology Applications
Center, the National Interagency Fire Center, Law Enforcement and
Investigations, Forest Health Protection, and regional remote sensing
coordinators to ensure that agency remote sensing requirements are
understood and needs are met and that new technology is appropriately
exploited to match current and evolving agency mission requirements. Within
the Washington Office, Everett coordinates with the Geospatial Management
Office Leadership Team to develop the annual remote sensing program of work
and provide guidance to the field.
Everett serves as the primary remote sensing liaison to NASA, DHS, the BLM,
the USGS, and the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency to ensure that
the Forest Service is utilizing the most up-to-date data sources,
applications, and best practices for data exploitation and use. This role
promotes collaboration on remote sensing activities which helps to reduce
redundant efforts within the federal government.

--
[image: NCICS] <http://ncics.org/> Yuhan (Douglas) Rao
*Research Scientist*
e: yrao5 at ncsu.edu
o: +1 828 271 4903I choose to work on a flexible schedule and across a
number of time zones. My apologies for sending emails outside of your
working hours.