[ESIP-all] AGU Informatics Volunteer Opportunity

Langseth, Madison L mlangseth at usgs.gov
Fri Aug 4 14:07:11 EDT 2023

Hi ESIP!

I know folks at ESIP are always interested in helping the next generation of earth science information practitioners. I know you certainly helped me when I was a student! One way to do this is by participating in the American Geophysical Union (AGU) Outstanding Student Presentation Award (OSPA) Program. OSPA helps to foster the development of new informatics professionals in the earth sciences by providing students with valuable feedback about their research and presentation skills! To make OSPA a success for the AGU Informatics Section, we need two people to serve as coordinators for our Section's OSPA. The time commitment is minimal (~1-2 hours per week November through mid-January). Responsibilities include:

  *   Manage the effort to secure judges for students within section
  *   Encourage judges to sign up via direct email, section newsletters, websites, or other communications
  *   Assist OSPA liaisons in recruiting judges
  *   Encourage judges to enter their scores by the deadline
  *   Participate in the selection of OSPA winners within section

Learn more at https://www.agu.org/learn-and-develop/learn/student-competitions/ospa. Please note that volunteers must be non-student members of AGU but do not have to attend the Fall Meeting.

If you are interested in helping, please let me know by September 15, 2023!

Best,

Madison Langseth (she/hers)

U.S. Geological Survey
Science Analytics & Synthesis (SAS)