[ESIP-AQ] Fwd: Invitation to Participate in the EPA Environmental Symposium

Stefan Falke stefan at wustl.edu
Fri Oct 19 14:21:16 EDT 2007

Dear AQ Cluster,
As mentioned on today's call, below is the invitation from Steve Young
regarding his session at the upcoming EPA OEI Symposium. Please contact
Steve if you're interested.
-Stefan

Dear Colleagues:

It's my privilege to invite you to participate in a planned roundtable
discussion intended to discuss GEOSS and its potential contribution to
our collective understanding and ability to respond to climate change.
The planned roundtable will occur at the EPA Environmental Information
Symposium in St. Louis to be held over November 14-16, with this
specific session scheduled for Friday, November 16 from 9-10 AM. I also
wish to express my apologies that this invitation is coming to you so
late, giving you such short notice -- please forgive me for that.

General information about the symposium may be found at:

http://www.epa.gov/oei/proceedings/2007/proceedings07.htm

Attached is a (rough) draft "session plan" for the planned roundtable
discussion. I will be seeking to have a lively, interactive discussion
involving the participants. Note that this discussion will *not* be
policy-oriented, but I think we are free to recognize the relevancy of
your collective science, program, and information work to the climate
issue in terms of understanding climate conditions and identifying
opportunities to respond to the challenge.

Please let me know as soon as possible of your availability and/or
suggestions for other possible participants. Also, please provide your
contact information in a format similar to that shown on the attached
for Dr. Frank Lindsay. Any questions, please ask! And thanks in advance
for your patience. Cheers,

     Steve

(See attached file: OEI Symp Climate Session 101007.doc)

Steve Young
Senior Advisor for GEOSS
  (the Global Earth Observation System of Systems)
Co-Chair, EPA GEOSS Coordinating Committee (EPA GEO)
Co-Chair, Border Indicators Task Force (US/Mexico Border 2012 Program)
U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
Office of Environmental Information
Office of Information Analysis and Access
tel: 1-202-566-0608 or secretary at 566-0612
fax: 1-202-566-0699 or 1-202-566-0706
email: young.steve at epa.gov

Mailing address (use ONLY for US Mail -- USPS; expect lengthy delays in
delivery due to security measures):

U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (OEI/OIAA/IO)
Mail Code 2841T
1200 Pennsylvania Avenue, N.W.
Washington, DC  20460

Overnight/Express delivery (e.g., FedEx):

EPA East Bldg. (12th Street Loading Dock)
1201 Constitution Ave., NW
Rm. 5316-West
Washington, DC 20004
Phone:  202-566-0608 or 202-566-0612

Courier/visit address:

US EPA (2841T), EPA West Building
Room EPA West 5316
1301 Constitution Avenue, N.W.
Washington, DC  20460

(Federal Triangle Stop on the Metro Blue/Orange Line)
(Building entrance on Constitution Ave. 1/2 blk east of 14th Street)

US EPA's website:    http://www.epa.gov