[ESIP-AQ] ESIP AQ Cluster Response to GEOSS Pilot Call for Participation

Rudolf Husar rhusar at me.wustl.edu
Wed Aug 27 16:51:15 EDT 2008

Dear AQ Cluster,

This is to bring to your attention that we, the AQ Cluster, plan to submit a
response to the GEOSS Architecture Implementation Pilot (AIP-II) Call for
Participation <http://www.ogcnetwork.net/AIpilot>.

The essence of the proposed
response<http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/GEOSS_AIP_Response>is an
offer from the ESIP AQ Cluster to:
1. Provide an air quality community catalog service,
2. Provide an air quality community portal
3. Provide metadata work spaces for air quality data and processing
services.

At the last telecon <http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/AQCluster_Telecons>,
Friday Aug. 22, Stefan has presented the first draft of the Cluster
response<http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php?title=GEOSS_AIP_Response&oldid=18193>
which
was then further
modified<http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/GEOSS_AIP_Response>by Erin
Robinson, Phil Yang and myself. The main purpose of this message is
to highlight the fact that this ESIP AQ Cluster response to GEOSS AIP
constitutes a significant step toward a more mature, stable and responsible
cluster operation. In fact, by our response to AIP-II, we are committing
ourselves to develop and maintain a set of "persistent operational, research
and technical exemplars services" (AIP CFP).

Since this is a Cluster activity, it would be highly desirable for members
of the Cluster to provide feedback either on the
wiki<http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/GEOSS_AIP_Response>or the word
doc<http://wiki.esipfed.org/images/a/a6/GEOSS_AIP-2_CFP_Response_ESIP_AQClusterv1.doc>
before
we submit the response Sept. 1.

Regards,
Rudy
--
Rudolf B. Husar, Professor and Director
Center for Air Pollution Impact and Trend Analysis (CAPITA),