[ESIP-AQ] Use Case 3 for Air Quality: Publish, Harvest and Query Community Catalog

Erin Robinson emr1 at wustl.edu
Fri Jan 9 18:42:39 EST 2009

Hello AQ WG and CCRM WG,
The AQ WG has been developing a community catalog that will allow AQ
datasets provided by the community to be accessed through the GEOSS
Clearinghouse. Use Case 3 for AIP-2
<https://sites.google.com/site/geosspilot2/Home/transverse-use-cases> is
designed to publish, harvest and query metadata systems so that component
and services are discoverable through GEOSS Clearinghouse. This task seems
to match the AQ Community Catalog goal.

I have posted an initial method and suggested set of minimum fields for the
AQ Community Catalog<https://sites.google.com/site/geosspilot2/air-quality-and-health-working-group/aq-community-catalog---publish-register-harvest>
the AIP-2 Google Site as a way to work on the AQ implementation of use case
3. It needs community participation - both from the technical perspective of
the CCRM WG as well as the AQ WG.  From the CCRM, I think it would be
helpful to have instructions/examples to implement the CSW 2.0.2 service.
>From the AQ WG perspective we need to agree on a common set of catalog
fields that we will use to search and harvest data. I'd like to suggest that
we use the comment part of this page to respond in order to capture the
process that we will be going through to implement use case 3.  I've posted
this note as a comment to get things started.

Regards,
Erin
--
Erin Robinson
Graduate Research Assistant, Washington University
emr1 at wustl.edu