[ESIP-AQ] AQWG meetings / 'virtual workshops' - AQ Metadata Record - Friday, 1:30 EST

Erin Robinson erinmr at gmail.com
Thu Sep 9 10:09:56 EDT 2010

Hi All,

One discussion topic during our session at the ESIP summer meeting were the
"virtual workshops<http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/Standards_Implementation_Virtual_Workshops>"
and how to make them more effective. We discussed having virtual workshops
focused on particular interoperability/network topics of data access and
metadata.

The current plan is to use our bi-weekly ESIP Air Quality Workgroup telecon
time to have a rotating set of 3 meetings:
* virtual workshop on implementing data access standards,
* virtual workshop on implementing metadata standards, and
* a general meeting for other topics.

The first workshop was August 27 on WCS data
access<http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/2010-08-27:_Virtual_Workshop_WCS_Implementation>.
The second workshop on AQ Metadata with a focus on ISO 19115 is this Friday,
September 10<http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/2010-09-10:_Virtual_Workshop_4>
.

I have been coordinating with some of the participants and gathering
preparatory material that is reflected on the virtual workshop
page<http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/2010-09-10:_Virtual_Workshop_4>
.

Please note:
- There is a place for metadata issues and
questions<http://geo-aq-cop.org/isodiscussion>on the GEO-AQ CoP site.
You are encouraged to add questions or answer
questions either directly or via e-mail to me, emr1 at wustl.edu.
- If you have an ISO 19115 metadata record to add to the list, add it
directly under the 'Instance of AQ records' section of the page.

To participate:
1:30pm EDT
Phone: 866-489-0573 (US, Canada, VOIP); 205-354-0149 (international)
Meeting Code: *2279431*

Screenshare details:
Please join my meeting, https://www1.gotomeeting.com/join/174340936