[ESIP-AQ] AQWG telecon

Bagwell, Ross E. (GSFC-423.0)[COLUMBUS TECHNOLOGIES AND SERVICES INC] ross.bagwell at nasa.gov
Mon Mar 28 10:56:11 EDT 2011

Greetings Everyone!

We're re-starting the regular ESIP Air Quality Working Group calls and planning to cover a wide range of topics related to building better connections, both technical and interpersonal, among air quality data providers and data users.

Our first call will be Friday, 1 April at 1:30pm EDT (1-877-669-3239, passcode 23133897).  During this call, we'd like to get updates on relevant projects from all participants - please be prepared to provide the group with quick (1-2 minute) snapshots of your projects.  On this first call, we'd also like to discuss ways that the working group can help support your efforts in the future.

If you would like to participate in the regular calls, but are unavailable on Fridays, please let us know.

Some of the future topics include:
*     AQ portal - future plans and types of services
*     AIRNow - AQS Application Program Interface (discussion of this new project)
*     De-mystifying metadata and metadata standards
*     Explaining LinkedData and its importance in future interoperability efforts
*     Architecture Implementation Pilot - goals, current status, and next steps
*     IEEE Geoscience and Remote Sensing Society - debrief from the 2010 meeting

We look forward to collaborating with you in the Air Quality Working Group.

Regards,

Ross Bagwell, NASA/Columbus Technologies and Services
Glynis Lough, Battelle
Tim Dye, Sonoma Technology, Inc. (STI)