[ESIP-AQ] granularity for GCI?

Lynnes, Christopher S. (GSFC-6102) christopher.s.lynnes at nasa.gov
Mon Jan 30 17:05:24 EST 2012

My concern with the registration of individual coverages in the GCI is that this approach works fine in the early, heady days of prototyping, but does not scale well once we get serious about populating it.  With everything.  The database may be able to handle it, but the user interfaces are then left to deal with the results, which comprise many, many records of vastly different scale/aggregation, from entire systems to individual variables.

However, having registered that concern, if the community consensus is to go that way, then we will proceed with all due expedience to start populating in that vein.