[ESIP-AQ] asthmapolis

Rudolf Husar rhusar at me.wustl.edu
Wed Jun 20 10:50:03 EDT 2012

Thanks Chris,

Wow, what an idea! Mashing astma inhaler use with surface ozone and PM
data: Real Time and/or Retrospective

"At the center of the Asthmapolis system is our sensor that attaches to
your existing inhaler and reliably determines the time and location when
the inhaler is used. The sensor communicates with your Bluetooth enabled
device and uploads its data to our (Asthmapolis) remote server."

Indeed, having both datasets *accessible*, could lift asthma management to
the next level.  Google points to a presentation at an NAS conference -  video
(June 2011) on the projects with
CDC<http://www.iom.edu/Activities/PublicHealth/HealthData/2011-JUN-09/Morning-Session/Presentations/Asthmapolis.aspx>.

Best

Rudy

On Wed, Jun 20, 2012 at 4:01 PM, Lynnes, Christopher S. (GSFC-6102) <
christopher.s.lynnes at nasa.gov> wrote:

> Here's an interesting way of collecting fine-grained asthma data:
> http://asthmapolis.com/.
>
> Would be cool if it could be mashed up with Air Quality data...
> --
> Dr. Christopher Lynnes, NASA/GSFC, Code 610.2, 301-614-5185

Rudolf B. Husar, Professor and Director
Center for Air Pollution Impact and Trend Analysis (CAPITA),
Washington University,
1 Brookings Drive, Box 1180
St. Louis, MO 63130
+1 314 935 6099