[ESIP-AQ] Proposal for AQ COP session at ESIP winter meeting

Erin Robinson erinrobinson at esipfed.org
Thu Nov 8 13:25:44 EST 2012

Hi Ann, All -

I've added your note to the AQ ESIP wiki
workspace<http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/Air_Quality_Breakout,_ESIP_2012_Winter_Meeting>,
hopefully that's ok. Everyone can make changes there as needed.

Best-
Erin

*Erin Robinson*
Information and Virtual Community Director
Foundation for Earth Science | 314.369.9954 | erinrobinson at esipfed.org
www.esipfed.org
[image: Facebook]<http://www.facebook.com/pages/Federation-of-Earth-Science-Information-Partners-ESIP/150015055044779>
 [image: Twitter] <http://www.twitter.com/ESIPFed> [image:
Vimeo]<http://www.vimeo.com/esipfed>

On Thu, Nov 8, 2012 at 12:32 PM, Ann Keane <ann.keane at noaa.gov> wrote:

> Thanks to everyone who responded.  It sounds like there is enough interest
> in this to submit the session proposal and work out a more detailed agenda
> as the meeting approaches.
>
> Based on having 2 1.5 hour sessions, I'd like to propose using the first
> session for short overview presentations that would summarize the community
> developments and the second as a work session to focus on specific
> developments, tutorials or use cases.
>
> For the first session could we have 15 minute presentations on the current
> state of data services from Juelich, DataFed, ECCAD, NOAA and any others.
>  Additional overview topics?  I would be interested in hearing about issues
> faced by modelers in accessing data services.
>

> For the second a couple of potential topics:
>
> - Use cases for the existing services
>
> - Discussion of technologies for access to large data for various types of
> post-processing web services.  The IRODS group may be presenting at ESIP as
> well.
>
> - How to proceed with metadata data developments started in Dublin.
>
> - Discussion of the next versions of WCS and DAP.
>

> Any other thoughts on how we should structure this session and topics to
> include?
>

> -Ann
>

> On 11/4/2012 12:51 PM, Erin Robinson wrote:
>
>> Hi All -
>>
>> I think the session looks great as well. Ann, thanks for starting the
>> planning. It seems like 3 hrs total (2 1.5 hr blocks) for this would be
>> appropriate. Thoughts?
>>
>> Here is the link for registration to the ESIP meeting for both in person
>> and remote: https://www.regonline.com/**esipfederationwintermeeting201**3<https://www.regonline.com/esipfederationwintermeeting2013>For
>> planning, registration rates for in-person attendees increase Dec. 1.
>>
>> Looking forward to a productive session -
>>
>> *Erin Robinson*
>>
>> Information and Virtual Community Director
>> Foundation for Earth Science | 314.369.9954 | erinrobinson at esipfed.org
>> www.esipfed.org
>> [image: Facebook]<http://www.facebook.**com/pages/Federation-of-Earth-**
>> Science-Information-Partners-**ESIP/150015055044779<http://www.facebook.com/pages/Federation-of-Earth-Science-Information-Partners-ESIP/150015055044779>
>> >
>>   [image: Twitter] <http://www.twitter.com/**ESIPFed<http://www.twitter.com/ESIPFed>>
>> [image:
>> Vimeo]<http://www.vimeo.com/**esipfed <http://www.vimeo.com/esipfed>>
>>

>> On Sat, Nov 3, 2012 at 11:31 AM, Schultz, Martin <m.schultz at fz-juelich.de
>> >**wrote:
>>
>>  Dear all,
>>>
>>>      sounds like a good initiative. Please let me know when this meeting
>>> is
>>> scheduled and how I could attend by webinar.
>>>
>>> Thanks and best regards,
>>>
>>> Martin

>>> Fax: (919) 843-3113