[Esip-citationguidelines] Prep for call tomorrow

Parsons, Mark parsom3 at rpi.edu
Wed Jan 9 16:28:12 EST 2019

Hi folks,

We're on tomorrow at 13:00 Eastern.

Deets at:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/18ooEixbchKp-qgAG7qtnebKrWDYsutt4d2eX3HsaWls/edit?usp=sharing

Here is a document that attempts to capture our current thinking on “research object citation”:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Rh-M4WV9kqcxGWuYYC6R39cBaKxwoW9F3KS7y_sZpNw/edit?usp=sharing

Comment and edit at will.

Meanwhile, an agenda for tomorrow:

- New document overview. Is on the right path? What next? Software citation guidelines are about to be approved. Do we need to get updated data citation guidelines out now, while we grapple with ROs? What does that mean?

- Someone needs to own the table that maps our elements/concepts to all the dialects. I no longer have sufficient experience or practice to do this. Need to decide whether we’re recommending or just presenting options where conflict arises. I imagine this will be a living document. Does it have a separate maintenance plan?

- Need to define “research object”. Perhaps that’s an exercise for Rockville.

- Last thoughts on session at ESIP. Do we need to separate the credit and access concerns?

cheers,

-m.