[Esip-citationguidelines] Kick-off meeting tomorrow

Parsons, Mark parsom3 at rpi.edu
Thu Mar 21 17:40:58 EDT 2019

Hi all,

Thanks for joining today. I think we have a path forward. Please see the notes<https://docs.google.com/document/d/18ooEixbchKp-qgAG7qtnebKrWDYsutt4d2eX3HsaWls/edit#heading=h.lqbr5hu66y8l>.

I have started the matrix of citation concerns and research objects<https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1VEYPLgTsCR_zbMUbThonBrqaYqBiMT4e525NzFi7ql8/edit?usp=sharing>. Everyone, please add additional concerns and objects and any general comments. We will discuss this at the next meeting. The cells of the matrix should highlight where there are unique considerations. We want to identify where in the matrix we should focus our attention.

We will have a summer session exploring how different organizations are implementing data and software citation to compare and contrast. Jessica, can you please draft a session proposal?

We will propose an AGU session “When to cite a Research Object”. Mark, Nancy, Natalie, and Sophie to draft a proposal.

Next month we will have a talk by Frew and Niklas on dynamic citation in OpenDAP  and we will discuss what's next with the matrix.

cheers,

-m.