[Esip-citationguidelines] Fwd: [rda-pid-ig] FREYA Co-located Event at RDA P14

Parsons, Mark parsom3 at rpi.edu
Wed Oct 9 11:46:53 EDT 2019

Anyone going to RDA? This would be a good meeting to attend and report on. Alas this will be the first RDA meeting that I miss.

cheers,

-m.

Begin forwarded message:

From: Francesca Morselli via PID IG <rda-pid-ig at rda-groups.org<mailto:rda-pid-ig at rda-groups.org>>
Subject: [rda-pid-ig] FREYA Co-located Event at RDA P14
Date: 12 September 2019 at 09:25:13 EDT
To: PID IG <rda-pid-ig at rda-groups.org<mailto:rda-pid-ig at rda-groups.org>>

Dear all,

We’d like to invite you to the FREYA collocated event which will take place on October 21st in Helsinki, in the context of the RDA P14. FREYA<https://www.project-freya.eu/en> is a European project that focuses on building the sustainable infrastructure for persistent identifiers (PIDs) as a core component of Open Science, in the EU and globally. Through demos and tutorials this half-day event will showcase FREYA’s work on the PID Graph<https://www.project-freya.eu/en/pid-graph/the-pid-graph> and encourage a discussion on the use of PIDs in the context of the EOSC.

The event will have three main parts:

  1.  Introduction to FREYA: the latest developments of the project

  2.  Exploring the PID Graph: demonstrators, interactive tutorials and applications of the PID Graph

  3.  Sustaining the PID Ecosystem: discussion around sustainability of the PID landscape. Examples include the recent establishment of the PID Forum<https://www.pidforum.org/> and the establishment of a PID Commons

Please feel free to share this message with your community. We hope to see you in Helsinki!

For more information please visit:

https://www.project-freya.eu/en/events/14th-rda-plenary-meeting

or

https://www.rd-alliance.org/rda-14th-plenary-side-meetings-collocated-events