[Esip-cloud] EISP Cloud Cluster telecon notes

Huang, Thomas (398G) via Esip-cloud esip-cloud at lists.esipfed.org
Mon Nov 3 14:38:47 EST 2014

Hi all,

Thanks for those who participated in our monthly telecon.  I took some note from the meeting

  1.  ESIP testbed proposal
     *   Thomas Huang, Phil Yang, and Peter Wang (Continuum Analytics) submitted a testbed proposal for evaluate prototype with technology developed at the Continuum Analytics for collaborative, interactive data analytic.  The evaluation effort will be carried out by the research team at GMU using their private cloud environment.  JPL team will play a management role as well as rapid prototyping
  2.  IEEE Big Data Conference report.
     *   Thomas Huang participated in the NIST Big Data WG’s Collaboration and Data Sharing Panel discussion at the 2014 IEEE Big Data Conference, where he presented ESIP Federation and our efforts on Big Data.
  3.  Winter Meeting Sessions – Needs to be finalized this Thursday 11/6/2015
     *   We are planning two technical breakout sessions at Winter ESIP.  Both sessions are scheduled on Thursday 1/8/2015.
        *   8:30am – Cloud Computing and Earth Science
           *   Workflow orchestration for model execution
           *   We need more presenters (Thomas, Phil, and Hook will reach out to potential presenters)
        *   1:30pm – Cloud Technologies and Architectures Seminars
           *   Application of Faceted Browse solution for Web-based job execution on the Cloud
           *   Evaluation and Benchmarking between Nebular Inc and private Eucalyptus
           *   Report on receiving NASA-funded Cloudbursting effort

Thanks

Thomas.

--
Thomas Huang
Jet Propulsion Laboratory

DISCLAIMER: All personal and professional opinions presented herein are my own and do not, in any way, represent the opinion or policy of JPL, NASA or Caltech.