[Esip-cloud] Telecon Recap
fhu at masonlive.gmu.edu
Mon Jan 25 14:35:24 EST 2016
Thank you for dialing in today’s telecon. Here is a quick recap:
Participants: Aashish Chaudhary, Tomas Huang, Phil Yang, Stephan Klene, Fei Hu
1. Winter meeting brief : two sessions: Emerging Big Data Technologies for GeoScience (http://commons.esipfed.org/node/8810); A Framework for Comparing Data Container (http://commons.esipfed.org/node/8844); one panel: Cloud Computing Panel (http://commons.esipfed.org/node/8843)
The notes and slides are available on the above links.
1. The plan for Summer meeting:
a) Amazon will provide some resource to set up some application on them for summer meeting;
b) Introduce GMU hybrid cloud computing platform on the summer meeting;
c) Big data analysis on cloud;
c) Brain storm for summer sessions;
* What is the meaning of cloud computing? How to apply cloud computing techniques to storage and analyze data?
For example: API for data access and analyze them by iPython. Use the testbed in GMU Hybrid cloud platform to learn how to use hybrid, private, and public cloud to support scientists. Some projects based on Cloud could be introduced.
* How to storage the data on the cloud? On the fly? or pay the storage?
Data container projects are to study how the popular data management software support big data.
1. Next month’s telecon: Introduce/Demo GMU hybrid cloud platform
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Esip-cloud