[Esip-cloud] Are you or someone you know working on cool advances in cloud-optimized data formats and access?

Aimee Barciauskas aimee at developmentseed.org
Thu May 13 20:59:21 EDT 2021

Hello Cloud Computing Cluster Mailing List!

The ESIP Cloud Computing Cluster's session "The Saga Continues:
Cloud-Optimized Data Formats" was accepted to the ESIP Summer Session 🥳
<https://emojipedia.org/partying-face/>

   - Here is the summer session website:
   https://2021esipsummermeeting.sched.com/info
   - Here is the session page:
   https://2021esipsummermeeting.sched.com/event/jMNb/the-saga-continues-cloud-optimized-data-formats
   - Here is our session proposal:
   https://docs.google.com/document/d/1NdjZShsZQup9QHl2_FjpyF7iv_yeDNtTc_kM1vO0qOY/edit#heading=h.ojbiqkayz91

We want to invite 4 speakers to share examples of cloud-optimized data
formats and existing products in these formats including but not limited to
MRF+CRF, Zarr, EPT, COG, NetCDF4/HDF5, Grib2, TileDB. We would like to
share advances and best practices in building cloud-friendly datasets and
services and adapting to support archival formats, such as Zarr metadata
for NetCDF4/HDF5.

*If you have recommendations on who should present at this session (or ways
to run the session to add to its value and outputs), please let me
or @Sudhir Shrestha - NOAA Federal <sudhir.shrestha at noaa.gov>  know and we
will review all recommendations and reach out to potential speakers.*

Thanks,
Aimee, Sudhir, Rob and Rich