[Esip-cloud] Zarr: The Next Generation - Join us for the ESIP Cloud Computing Cluster March 27th

Aimee Barciauskas aimee at developmentseed.org
Thu Mar 16 00:32:37 EDT 2023

Hello ESIP Cloud Computing Cluster Members!

We have a lot of announcements!!!

   1.

   [image: :partying_face:] [image: :speaker:] [image: :tada:] Jim Coll
   will be joining Sudhir and myself as a chair of the Cloud Computing
   Cluster. Many thanks to Jim in his contributions to the cluster as a fellow
   and I'm excited to have him continue as chair.
   2.

   We are collecting input and feedback on the Cloud Computing Cluster via
   https://forms.gle/NdwUP8GET8BiJdh87. If you want to inform the future of
   the cluster, please provide your feedback in this form.
   3.

   We are excited to announce a 2 part series on advances in Zarr I'm
   calling "Zarr: The Next Generation."

Part 1 - March 27th:

   -

   Ryan Abernathey will present Zarr V3:
   https://zarr.dev/zeps/draft/ZEP0001.html
   -

   Norman Rzepka of scalableminds.com will speak about the Zarr sharding
   specification: https://zarr.dev/zeps/draft/ZEP0002.html
   -

   Martin Durant will present on variable chunking:
   https://zarr.dev/zeps/draft/ZEP0003.html

Part 2 - April 24th we will continue presentations on Zarr advances:

   -

   Hailiang Zhang provides a summary of the accumulation proposal:
   https://zarr.dev/zeps/draft/ZEP0005.html
   -

   The current state of the GeoZarr spec and working group
   -

   1 more talk TBD

Meeting Logistics!

Topic: Zarr: The Next Generation Part 1/2

Monday March 27th, 10:00-11:00 am PT / 1:00-2:00 pm ET

https://us02web.zoom.us/j/86535177705?pwd=ay9yVDJ6UzNiSGRMWTFxbkNXdEJXUT09

Meeting ID: 865 3517 7705

Passcode: 354962

Find your local number: Zoom International Dial-in Numbers
<https://us02web.zoom.us/u/knxOPNBj5>

Agenda:

   -

   5-10 minutes - Announcements: Working sessions, ESIP Summer Meeting
   Planning, Open Call for other announcements
   -

   30-40 minutes - Presentations
   -

   20 minutes - Discussion questions