[Esip-communityresilience] Session call is open for 2019 ESIP winter meeting

Arika Virapongse av at middlepatheco.com
Thu Oct 25 14:02:38 EDT 2018

Hi All,

Here is our new listserv address:
esip-communityresilience at lists.esipfed.org. You can send messages to our
group by using this address (currently there are 7 of us ­ the 6 of us who
have been on the group emails, plus Megan Carter ­ ESIP¹s Community
Director). We are open to any new participants in the cluster, so send them
my way if they are interested in joining our listserv.

In case you missed it in this week¹s Monday update, session proposals are
now being accepted for the 2019  ESIP winter meeting (until Nov 16th):
Registration is open & Call for 2019 ESIP Winter Meeting Sessions
Registration is open for the 2019 ESIP Winter Meeting.
<https://esipfed.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=ca50850794ee72b04765ac93c
&id=eb954abab1&e=52eca20577>  Details are here
<https://esipfed.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=ca50850794ee72b04765ac93c
&id=3423bff7ae&e=52eca20577> .
Please submit your session proposals
<https://esipfed.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=ca50850794ee72b04765ac93c
&id=c9ed50c63c&e=52eca20577>  for the 2019 ESIP Winter Meeting
<https://esipfed.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=ca50850794ee72b04765ac93c
&id=bb1ddd3c83&e=52eca20577> . We especially welcome sessions related to our
2019 theme: Increasing the Use and Value of Earth Science Data and
Information. Sessions are generally 1.5 hour blocks and can follow a number
of different formats. Learn more
<https://esipfed.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=ca50850794ee72b04765ac93c
&id=0b2c8488d9&e=52eca20577> .

Here is where we are at so far with our session planning:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1zvmY-kQd5b5DZKgTQ7DomRhmiKx-PiiWnnRXWRqc
PkY/edit?usp=sharing
Revisions and comments are welcome! When it comes time for the submission,
I¹ll clean up what we¹ve got and submit. However, none of it is carved in
stone, so we can revise and continue planning up until the meeting. Jonathan
& Rupu ­ please add your tentative presentation topic/title; we can include
that in the abstract.

FYI ­ our next meeting is planned for the day before Thanksgiving (Nov
21st). Please let me know if anyone can make that call (I can make it). It
would be nice to chat again about our plans for the session, so another
option is moving our call to an earlier date.

Best,

Arika

Arika Virapongse, Ph.D.
Principal Scientist, Middle Path EcoSolutions
Research Scholar, The Ronin Institute
www.MiddlePathEco.com