[Esip-communityresilience] [EXTERNAL] Re: 2019 ESIP winter meeting, community resilience session planning

Blythe, Jonathan jonathan.blythe at boem.gov
Tue Nov 6 08:13:39 EST 2018

I also found a presentation from Kristal Jones on the SESYNC data to
motivate synthesis project from the 2018 Winter Meeting session: "Earth
Science Data Analytics from Data to Knowledge."

So, she has now presented at the last two ESIP meetings!  Sorry that I
missed both of these talks.  I was able to listen to her presentation from
last year, and it was just a broad overview of the SESYNC mission and the
information technology being employed for this project.  Did you happen to
save her presentation from the 2017 meeting, or is it available from the
website?  I couldn't find it on the ESIP commons...

Given this existing engagement by a SESYNC staff person, I will not reach
out to my point of contact there.  If it still makes sense, someone should
reach out directly to Kristal Jones to share the session idea, and ask
whether she is interested in participating.  I don't think it would be
appropriate to ask for the same presentation that she gave at the last
winter meeting, but she may be able to share an update on progress or
provide some implementation details, especially if she could present this
in a way that would be more relevant to the community resilience session
topic.

Jonathan
*****
Scientific Data Manager