[Esip-communityresilience] Session plan and action items

Arika Virapongse av at middlepatheco.com
Thu Jan 3 13:47:01 EST 2019

Hi All ­ Our session is really shaping up!

Here is the updated draft of our session description:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1zvmY-kQd5b5DZKgTQ7DomRhmiKx-PiiWnnRXWRqc
PkY/edit

Presenters: 10 min each for your presentation. Expect to facilitate (and
take notes from) a break out group of about 5 session participants using the
questions:
> 1. What are their experiences with community resilience (earth science data)?
> 2.
> 3. What are barriers that scientists coming across in their working
> relationships regarding community resilience?
> 4.
> 5. Who is the community?
> 6.
> 7. What is community resilience in their context?
> 8.
> 9. What role could a data expert group like the ESIP community play in
> overcoming these challenges (finding solution)?
Also use these same questions to guide your presentations (aim for no more
than 10 slides). Be very specific with examples!

Ruth and I will available as back-up facilitators if there are too many
session participants or as note takers.

Action items:
* Abstract and title of presentations finalized in the session google doc by
Jan 4th
* Arika will update our session description on the ESIP meeting website on
Jan 7th.
* Upload presentations into the google folder by Jan 11th
https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/1SQKKPv1bOi-LCklaiEyTMQCM77kPyoxe
Looking forward to meeting all of you in person soon!

- Arika

Arika Virapongse, Ph.D.
Principal Scientist, Middle Path EcoSolutions
Research Scholar, The Ronin Institute
www.MiddlePathEco.com