[Esip-datareadiness] Follow up - ESIP Data Readiness Cluster May Meeting

Douglas Rao - NOAA Affiliate douglas.rao at noaa.gov
Fri May 21 10:35:51 EDT 2021

Dear cluster member,

Thanks for those who joined our May call last week. We had a great
discussion on the focus of the cluster and how to move forward.

In a nutshell, the cluster have the goals listed below:

   1. *Short term*: conduct case studies of good examples and bad examples
   of AI-readiness to test and refine a lightweight AI-readiness checklist
   2. *Medium term*: create a community recommended practices & guidelines
   for generating/providing AI-ready Earth/environmental data
   3. *Long term*: develop a official data standard for AI-ready data
   through standard organizations.

Here are the two requests that we have for the cluster.

   1. Please take a look at the cluster problem statement
   <https://docs.google.com/document/d/1xJy_jJtm8nhEb7GI79sywOBxsWcym9BNwVg0pVWQP9o/edit>and
   we will finalize it before our June meeting and distribute it to the ESIP
   community;
   2. Please comment on the cluster draft work plan
   <https://docs.google.com/document/d/1SSRzzlUWQWSrmwT6tg1FQoWu5LpJ_y4ADr5E3Orxrs4/edit>
   that will be guiding our work for the next 6-12 months.

It will be good if you comment on these documents *by 05/28* so we can plan
for our June meeting on 6/9 1-2pm Eastern time.

You can find the recording of our May meeting using the information below.

Topic: Data Readiness
Start Time : May 12, 2021 12:55 PM

Meeting Recording:
https://us02web.zoom.us/rec/share/hkbrha_tQGkq65JipTYu4dJ2Vt13baYPg0AhTQ8PaTzv4GDVR56pxNkH5kTmGRF6.FdQK8rliXcjH4aGu
(Access
Passcode: 3S at ZqV=A)

Thanks! Have a wonderful weekend!
-Douglas

--
Douglas Rao
North Carolina State University <http://www.ncsu.edu/>

douglas.rao at noaa.gov
+1.828.271.4903
Pronoun: he/him/his

"Every individual matters. Every individual has a role to play. Every
individual makes a difference.” – *Dr. Jane Goodall*