[Esip-dds] DDS update

Joe Hourcle oneiros at grace.nascom.nasa.gov
Thu Jun 13 13:42:39 EDT 2013

On Thu, 13 Jun 2013, Anne Wilson wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Thanks for your comments, Subhash and Paul!
>
> Now that we also have a solid commitment from Todd Vision, I am making
> another appeal to Tiemann.  He seems like a perfect fit to balance the panel.
> I'll see if I can get him to provide a yay or a nay asap.

It might be worth setting a deadline, and if you don't hear from him, put
out a call to the general ESIP mailing list if anyone else has relevent
contacts in the buisness community.

Although I wouldn't suggest him to actually speak on the topic, Reagan
Moore (iRODS) is based at UNC, and he might have relevant contacts.  Jane
Greenberg (Dryad, DataONE) is also there and might have good topics.  I
don't think
that either of them would directly give the sort of balance that you're
looking for, though.

Heather Piwowar (DataONE, altmetrics) was working with the UNC folks, but
I think she was working remotely though.  Jason Priem, one of the other
altmetrics folks, is also at UNC if he hasn't graduated yet.  Again,
neither of them would give the business balance, but they might have
relevant contacts.  In a pinch, they might give an interesting perspective
outside of the hard sciences on the importance of increased sharing ...
and Heather can be quite engaging even doing a remote presentation.

-Joe