[Esip-dds] Update, telecon today, 3:00 ET

Anne Wilson anne.wilson at lasp.colorado.edu
Thu Jun 20 11:54:40 EDT 2013

Hi DDS cluster,

We'll have our monthly telecon this afternoon, the last before our panel
discussion in Chapel Hill.  Telecon coordinates are below.

Briefly, we have the three commitments to serve that I mentioned before:
Dan Baker, Stan Aholt, and Todd Vision.

Thanks for the discussion regarding a 4th panelist from industry, to
those who floated names!   We tried to reach Michael Tiemann again and
got no response.  We are now extending an invitation to Jim Jagielski,
who is President of the Apache Software Foundation and also works for
Red Hat, http://www.jimjag.com/.  Details on the telecon, along with
picking a choice 3 for that role if necessary.

At the telecon we'll discussion final panel details, plans for the
working session the following morning, and thoughts about what's next
after that.

Regarding the panel discussion, on our wiki we wrote under "Outcome,
deliverable", this:

"Based on the ideas from the panel discussion, develop a short white
paper to describe a potential workshop to be held in the fall of 2013,
which would include representatives from beyond ESIP, and which would
provide options for the nature, scope, tasks, and constituencies for a
Data Decadal Survey. "

Is this still our goal?

Thanks!  Hope to see you on the phone!

Anne
------------------

To start or join the online portion of the meeting:
https://esipfed.webex.com/mw0306ld/mywebex/default.do?siteurl=esipfed&service=1

   * Click join next to the meeting name, DDS Cluster. (Note: If the
     meeting has not yet started, join will not be visible, and it will
     say 'Display Info'. Wait a minute and refresh screen)
   * Enter your name and email address
   * If you are asked for a password, enter the access code:
     23138372 with no spaces or #.

To join the audio portion of the Conference meeting with the phone:

   * Call-in toll-free number (US/Canada): 1-877-668-4493
   * Attendee access code: 23138372#