[Esip-dds] DDS telecon today, 3:00 ET, login info

Ramdeen, Sarah ramdeen at email.unc.edu
Thu Jul 25 12:24:30 EDT 2013

Hello everyone,

I am unable to make the call today but Denise Hills and I are working on a Town Hall session related to data access and would love to join forces if there is interest.  We have a draft abstract and notes from a recent telecon (linked below).  We are focusing on building connections between the data user and data provide communities.  We have already talked briefly to Mark Parsons from RDA about being a panelist and are looking for suggestions of more.

Telecon meeting notes
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ysaDfvu-Tt0u_cit2mtjoQzYZpRNYsAIz0awOwwqKOI/edit?usp=sharing
Making the Case for Data Management: A Community Building and Engagement Exercise (DRAFT)

Stewardship is a concern for all data. How can we simultaneously manage data while still addressing user needs? This Townhall will gather data users, creators, and providers; cyberinfrastructure experts; and information scientists to create interdisciplinary connections and achieve synergy in data management practice. Use cases on digital and physical object stewardship for temporal and spatial datasets will be presented, including examples from the cross-section of disciplines represented at AGU. Panelists will provide diverse perspective on the challenges presented.

I have a conflicting meeting today, but please feel free to email Denise and I to discuss this further.

Thank you,
Sarah

Sarah Ramdeen PhD Student
School of Information and Library Science
University of North Carolina
ramdeen at email.unc.edu
http://ramdeen.web.unc.edu/