[Esip-dds] Telecon notes, action items

Anne Wilson anne.wilson at lasp.colorado.edu
Fri Sep 27 18:28:43 EDT 2013

Hi DDSians,

Notes from our telecon yesterday are at the bottom of the wiki page:
http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/Telecon_09.26.13_materials.

Major points:

Anne W, Carol, Chris, and Bob to finish outline, then pass to Anne J
(our writer) next week for her magic.

The group has 3 current action items:

- As the workshop will be closed, we decided to create a forum for the
community to comment in advance of the workshop, asking the community
the same questions we might ask from the workshop participants.  We need
to identify questions to ask them.  Pose potential questions here:
http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/Questions_to_ask_the_community_regarding_scope,_etc._before_the_January_workshop

- We need to identify the stakeholder roles that should be represented
at the workshop.  Discuss those roles here:
http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/Stakeholder_roles_that_should_be_represented_at_the_workshop.

- We are going to ask the Executive Committee to become a working group.
  We need a name for the working group.  Because we are not positive
that a Decadal Survey is the right vehicle, we seek a name that doesn't
necessarily include 'Decadal Survey'.  Discuss working group names here:
  http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/Suggestions_for_naming_our_working_group

Thank you for thinking about these things and contributing!

Anne