[Esip-disasters] [Esip-infoquality] Telecon today at 11:00 AM Pacific Time

Ge Peng - NOAA Affiliate ge.peng at noaa.gov
Fri Nov 13 08:38:45 EST 2015

Hi Sean and Steve,

In addition to developing use cases at the ESIP Winter meeting's IQC
breakout sessions, if the ESIP Earth Science Data Analytics (ESDA) and
Disasters Clusters are looking for frameworks to provide quantitative
measures of product and stewardship maturity of individual datasets for
better system integration to analytics and decision-support tools, I would
like to bring your attention to the following work on maturity matrix:

EUMETSAT CORE-CLIMAX product system maturity matrix: www.coreclimax.eu

NCEI/CICS-NC Data Stewardship Maturity Matrix: http://tinyurl.com/DSMMintro
(links to the paper and self-evaluation template are provided at the end of
the presentation.)

Both Rama and I are quite familiar with both maturity assessment frameworks
and I am leading the development and application of the stewardship
maturity matrix.

Please feel free to let me or Rama know if you or people from your clusters
have any question or would like to learn more about those frameworks.

Best rewards,

--- Peng

On Thu, Nov 12, 2015 at 6:49 PM, Sean Barberie via Esip-infoquality <
esip-infoquality at lists.esipfed.org> wrote:

> Rama and Bob, I'd be happy to participate in the breakout sessions and I'm
> sure many in the disaster cluster (cc'd) will be enthusiastic as well.
>
> Cheers,
> Sean Barberie
> Disaster Cluster Student Fellow
> On Nov 12, 2015 2:44 PM, "Hampapuram Ramapriyan" <
> hampapuram.ramapriya at ssaihq.com> wrote:
>
>> Bob,
>> This looks a good idea for a collaboration. Since we were just discussing
>> developing use cases at the ESIP Winter meeting's IQC breakout sessions, it
>> may be good to consider developing a use case involving the Disasters
>> Cluster. It would be great if some of the members from that cluster are
>> able to join the breakout sessions.
>> Rama.

*Ge Peng, Ph.D*
*Research Scholar*

Cooperative Institute for Climate and Satellites, NC (CICS-NC)

North Carolina State University (NCSU) and

NOAA’s National Centers for Environmental Information (NCEI)

Center for Weather and Climate (CWC)

151 Patton Ave, Asheville, NC 28801
ge.peng at noaa.gov
o: +1 828 257 3009