[Esip-disasters] Disasters LifeCycle Cluster WebEx meeting Thursday March 4

MOE, KAREN (GSFC-407.0)[EMERITUS] karen.moe at nasa.gov
Thu Mar 3 14:48:04 EST 2016

We will be using GoToMeeting today as Sean noted. We convene at shortly 1pm PST/4pm EST.

Our agenda:

Dave will provide an update on our Testbed project with AHC, an upcoming meeting in PHL and initial feedback from the Fleet Response Working Group.

Karen will discuss the ESIP strategic plan, and the Disasters Lifecycle plan alignment which is due March 8.

The ESIP Summer meeting is now open for sessions. We need to discuss our topics and I can submit a placeholder session description. We will want to brainstorm on our scope of topics and if one or two 90 minute sessions.

The AGU Fall Meeting session proposals are due April 20. We were successful last year by joining with 3 other proposals! At this time I’m not planning on a disasters-data topic (as it had limited response) but wanted to bring it up if others want to propose other session ideas.

While I’m discussing AGU, Honors Program candidate nominations are due March 8. As you may know the Falkenburg Award is co-sponsored by ESIP so please consider nominating your colleagues.

Finally I noticed that the OGC Testbed continues to focus on disaster response applications and would propose inviting someone to talk to us about their testbed.

Karen

PS. I will be unavailable for the April and May 1st Thursdays and won’t have email access for the month between while on vacation. However we will want to refine our plans for the July ESIP summer session. Something to think about!