[Esip-disasters] GoToMeeting Thursday March 31 @ 1pmPDT/4pmEDT

Bob Chen bchen at ciesin.columbia.edu
Fri Apr 1 12:37:21 EDT 2016

Karen et al.--

Following up on my announcement at the end of yesterday's call, here
is the direct link to the HazPop iOS app now available through the
iTunes Store:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/hazards-population-mapper/id1092168898?mt=8

You can also find it just by searching on "Hazard Population". It is
designed for both iPhones and iPads.

The app displays population, infrastructure, and hazard-related data,
allows users to submit a simple populaton query, and supports location
services on the mobile device. We are considering this a "soft" launch
while we iron out some issues, wait for the MODIS AOD data stream to
be restored, and upgrade the pop estimation service to our latest
gridded population data.

So we encourage you to try this out and give us lots of feedback!

Cheers, Bob

*****
Dr. Robert S. Chen
Director, Center for International Earth Science Information Network
  (CIESIN), The Earth Institute, Columbia University
Manager, NASA Socioeconomic Data and Applications Center (SEDAC)
P.O. Box 1000, 61 Route 9W, Palisades, NY 10964 USA
tel. +1 845-365-8952; fax +1 845-365-8922
e-mail: bchen at ciesin.columbia.edu
CIESIN web site: http://www.ciesin.columbia.edu
SEDAC web site: http://sedac.ciesin.columbia.edu