[Esip-disasters] Thanks for a productive 2016 Summer Meeting!

MOE, KAREN (GSFC-407.0)[EMERITUS] karen.moe at nasa.gov
Mon Jul 25 16:45:49 EDT 2016

In spite of some technical difficulties with GoToMeeting on Thursday afternoon, we successfully covered all of our presentations and discussion topics last week in Durham NC. Special thanks to Maggi, Phil, Dave and Jim who had prepared remarks, and to Sean who ably supported the Disasters Lifecycle cluster sessions.

Take a look at the ESIP Commons pages for some of the notes and presentations. More updates will be provided shortly.

Transforming Earth Sciences Big Data into Actionable Products for Disaster Applications
Session 1
http://commons.esipfed.org/node/9097

Session 2
http://commons.esipfed.org/node/9098

We invited participants to define “Data-Driven Decision Making” and collected a number of interesting insights that will help us in defining the upcoming workshop on that topic, tentatively planned for October 2016 in the Washington DC area.

Looking ahead, I will not be available for the regularly scheduled monthly conference call on August 4th, however I will follow up with Dave to see when he would like to hold a meeting in August. Our focus for the next 2 months will be addressing the Data-Driven Decision Making workshop for the All Hazards Consortium and electric utility responders in October.

Best regards,
Karen
Co-Chair ESIP Disasters Lifecycle cluster