[Esip-disasters] 2021 ESIP Summer Meeting Session Proposal Form

Karen Moe karen.moe at earthlink.net
Thu Apr 22 02:19:04 EDT 2021

Dave and I got a proposal in last week for the summer meeting. Exciting opportunity to continue our “ecosystem of innovation” offering a path for ESIP members to present relevant data products and services to the All Hazards Consortium (or other groups) in response to their use case needs. If successful, end users will have the opportunity to evaluate new products and choose to assign ORL for their application.

Comments and ideas welcome. We will have an opportunity to engage Charley and Fisher again to help us craft our virtual meeting experience over the next several weeks and this will be one of our topics for our ESIP cluster May 6 conference call.

At a recent AHC GIS workshop on ORLs, tree canopy data was identified as a critical need for the electric sector in predicting damage assessment when facing storm threats.

Please consider if you have a product we can use as an example to walk through the innovative evaluation ecosystem and exercise the steps in advance.

Karen