[Esip-discovery] open search extensions

Lynnes, Christopher S. (GSFC-6102) christopher.s.lynnes at nasa.gov
Thu Jan 27 08:42:36 EST 2011

Jeff,
   I think on the one hand, some of us don't want to give up the simplicity of the OpenSearch framework, or its basis on a widely used de facto standard.  But on the other hand, for extending our OpenSearch framework, the ability to type additional attributes could be helpful.  Is it possible to fold your ideas into the OpenSearch framework?  For instance, we might establish a convention that the namespace documents that we reference for extended query or response attributes be dereferencible documents in a specific format, with the typing information included therein.