[Esip-discovery] Impact of Discovery services

Hua, Hook (388C) hook.hua at jpl.nasa.gov
Tue Mar 8 14:50:52 EST 2011

It would be useful to eventually get an assessment of the impact of
Discovery services to the community. More specifically, to be able to answer
these two questions:
(1) Where Discovery services have been implemented and deployed?
(2) Have there been any improvements to data and service discovery/access?

We could get a good start on (1). Some wiki pages were setup with listings
of Discovery services and clients. Some people have already begun submitting
entries. But we want to invite more to submit your deployed or
in-development Discovery services/clients. These are not meant as an
official registry, but rather meant to give ourselves a better understanding
of who has or is implementing what.

http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/Discovery_OpenSearch_Services
http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/Discovery_DataCasting_Services
http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/Discovery_ServiceCasting_Services