[Esip-discovery] DCP-2 Review period closed, sort of

Cechini, Matthew F. (GSFC-423.0)[RAYTHEON COMPANY] matthew.f.cechini at nasa.gov
Mon Jul 11 11:26:05 EDT 2011

Chris et. al.,
   I like adding the "scast#" rel attribute value for service casts.  Does
that call into question our attribute values for collection and granule
casts?  For example, can the "data#"  attribute alone sufficiently help a
client determine whether the URL is pointing to downloadable data or a
granule search endpoint?  The "collection#" value doesn¹t seem to suffer
from the same potential confusion, but it's guilty by association in this
case.  Is it worth introducing sub-types for the cast types (samples
included below) or introducing values of "scast#", "gcast#", and "ccast#"
(I'm not sold on the naming) for our casting URL types?

  + ..../discovery/1.1/feed/collection
  + ..../discovery/1.1/feed/granule

  + ..../discovery/1.1/feed/service
  + ..../discovery/1.1/feed  (same use as current?)

I don't want to complicate the value listing unnecessarily, but want to
avoid ambiguity in our response values.

Thanks,
Matt

Matthew F Cechini